We have been busy this April! Madelyn joined a softball team and games have begun. We all braved her first game in very dreary, very cold conditions. The weather has been finicky this Spring! One day we were sweating it out at 89º and the next week we were sitting on bleachers in drizzle bearing dismal, near-freezing temps.
The games have been fun, though! Madelyn decided to try for a pitching position. There she is above throwing a pitch! She has been practicing with her Dad as often as they can. Mike is one of the assistant coaches and is enjoying being part of the team. It is nice to see them having a good time together! Both on and off the field, Madelyn makes us quite proud!
Besides the practicing and games:
- We took a trip to the Franklin Institute!
- There are dancing classes twice a week until the recital in June.
- We celebrated Mike's grandmother's 90th birthday and my brother Joshua's 28th.
- Our computer blew up again. This time requiring a hard drive AND video card replacement. Ugh.
- I have been sewing up a couple of pairs of pajama/everyday pants for Evangeline.
- My planted seeds are starting to sprout! Zucchini, cucumbers and two types of tomatoes for the garden plus lots of herbs: sage, basil, oregano, parsley, rosemary, and thyme.
- Enjoying the sunny weather outdoors when it's warm and savoring the dark, rainy days inside with cosy blankets and each other.
It won't be long before summer is knocking on our doorstep, again!